[rt-users] Restoring data after a system crash

Chris Barnes chris-barnes at tamu.edu
Thu Jan 6 14:42:08 EST 2011

Today we had a disk crash of my mysql server.

After I restored the machine (from Dec 31), I then tried to restore the
nightly backup of the mysql data itself. It *almost* worked.

... the backup of the data is done using mysqlhotcopy, tar the copy,
then scp over to another computer.

All but 1 of my tables seems to have restored. What I did was
(1) copy the tar file to the restored server
(2) untar the hotcopy into /tmp/restored
(3) stop mysql,
(4) copy the tables (directories) from /tmp/restored to /var/lib/mysql
(5) restart mysql.

All but 1 of the databases is now using the restored data.  The database
that did not restore is.... (the reason I am asking here) the RT
database.  For that 1 database, when I look at the contents I get the
data from Dec 31 (not last night).

Ideas?

--
Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes at tamu.edu                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: chris at txbarnes.com
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-1379
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590