[rt-users] RT-Authen-ExternalAuth and AD...

Tollefsen, Lyle LTollefsen at innovationplace.com
Thu Jan 6 16:22:03 EST 2011

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestions led to finding the problem, but not the fix.

As I originally said, the username:password combo would work only if not testing for group membership, it would fail if it did test for membership. An ldapearch revealed that the sAMAccountName was fine, but, as the fullname in our AD is "Last, first", the CN would be returned as "Last\, First'. If we renamed the account to Last First, omitting the comma, authentication using group membership succeded. The comma is breaking something. Have you seen this before, and is a fix available?

Thanks.

Lyle Tollefsen
Network Administrator
Innovation Place