[rt-users] Communicate a message to web UI from inside Scrip?

Raed El-Hames Raed.El-Hames at daisygroupplc.com
Fri Jan 7 09:46:23 EST 2011

Hi Jeff:

Stupid question by where did you put your callback call??
I added

% $m->callback(CallbackName => 'BeforeDisplay',TicketObj => \$TicketObj,Tickets => \$Tickets,Actions => \@Actions,ARGSRef => \%ARGS);

Just above :
% $m->callback(CallbackName => 'BeforeActionList', %ARGS, Actions => \@Actions, ARGSRef => \%ARGS, Ticket => $TicketObj);

And it works:
[Fri Jan  7 14:31:09 2011] [debug]: In Callback/Display.html/BeforeDisplay (/opt/rt3/local/html/Callbacks/MyCallbacks/Ticket/Display.html/BeforeDisplay:3)

By the way going back to your original query regarding not allowing closure until certain CFs are populated, I had to do something similar a couple of months back using a different approach , the way I done it is by not including @InactiveStatus list if these CFs are not populated, so basically modifying
local/html/Elements/SelectStatus
if ($CanResolve == 0) {
  @status = RT->Config->Get('ActiveStatus') ;
  push @status,"deleted" ;
} else {
  @status = $queue->StatusArray();
}

$CanResolve is a variable pushed to the SelectStatus from various pages such as Update.html, Modify.html , Display.html etc ..
It included changes in few places, I had very little time to do it in (1 day), so did not use callbacks, if you are interested I can send you more details.
I've been following this thread hoping to use whatever you come up with  if its better.

Regards;
Roy