[rt-users] Problem with lost links - resolved

LAW Andy andy.law at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 10:18:38 EST 2011

On 7 Jan 2011, at 15:08, LAW Andy wrote:

> On 7 Jan 2011, at 14:54, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 12:35:54PM +0000, LAW Andy wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I've been going back through our RT system and I've noticed that
>>> links between "old" tickets are missing/broken. I think that I
>>> understand the reason for this but I'd appreciate someone confirming
>>> it for me before I hack the database (and potentially break things).
>>
>> If you've changed your Organization in your RT config, then yes, you
>> will need to repair your Links and Transactions table to have the
>> correct Organization.  Ensure you have a proper backup before starting
>> of course.
>
> Thanks for that confirmation.
>
> You would not believe what level/number of backups that I have :o} (it is a number *far* greater than zero).
>
> In progressing this, I found that I had re-asserted some of the links and so I tripped up with duplicate keys in the Links table. I simply deleted the later records in each case but I suspect that I now have trailing records in the Transactions table. Do I need to clean those out or am I safe to just ignore them?

To follow-up my own post, leaving the "orphan" records in the Transactions table causes no problems and results in the correct, double record of Link addition being reported in the Summary.

Thanks to Kevin (and Matthew - offlist) for their helpful replies.

Later,

Andy
--------
Yada, yada, yada...

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336
Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.