[rt-users] RT 3.8.8 on CentOS 5.5 slows down/hangs

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 05:32:30 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Gregory Greafers
<gregory at accesskenya.com>wrote:

> Hullo RT Community,
> I finally have my RT 3.8.8 running on CentOS 5.5. It works fine but
> usually slows down at some point, whereby the RT page take long to load,
> even on refresh. This forces me to restart my Apache web server service
> for it to respond fast enough. I have done this like 4 times now.
>
> I thought our local DNS was slow in name resolution, so I tried
> accessing the RT page using its IP but nothing changes.
>
> Any ideas on where I could start troubleshooting? I need to pinpoint
> what exactly slows it at some random point, say in the evening or
> midmorning.

RT's performance is somehow pegged to the performance of the database server
(MySQL, PgSQL or Oracle). So I suggest you take a tour of
mysqltuner.pl(this is a website that also leads you to a script to
help tune your MySQL
server).
That is a specific shot in only one aspect. There are others but you did not
say much about your Apache, MySQL server, server specs...

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,