[rt-users] External users unable to create tickets since ExternalAuth activated

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 11 14:36:07 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:00:02AM -0800, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>    Kevin,
>
>    Would this option require the use of a check to the DataBase? A'la My_Oracle as a secondary
>    External Setting?
>    Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [ 'My_LDAP', *My_Oracle*] );

If you are attempting to have RT-Authen-ExternalAuth check RT's
insternal Users table by defining My_Oracle that is wrong.
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth falls back to RT's internal password checking
automatically.  Defining My_Oracle is likely to cause nothing but
problems.

There is a config option in RT-Authen-ExternalAuth that controls
whether or not a user must exist in LDAP before being autocreated in
RT.  It is documented in the config file and comes up roughly every
other week on the mailing list.

-kevin