[rt-users] Set User Password

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 13 12:49:42 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 09:18:04AM -0800, Kurt Engle wrote:
>    But, can someone explain the logic of the credentials checking process that is followed here?
>    Is RT using my LDAP retrieved password or is it using an internal password in this process? If

Internal

>    I change my password internal to RT and make it different than my LDAP retrieved password they
>    both work and appear to be the same user.

RT will let you log in with your LDAP or your internal password since
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth falls back

>    So it seems that a user's account, if it is
>    external, can have and external and internal password.

Correct.

The reason RT-Authen-ExternalAuth actually hides password boxes is so
that users who can change their preferences don't try to change their
password internally since they won't be changing their LDAP password
and might be surprised when they went to log into something else that
uses LDAP and it was different from what they changed in RT

-kevin