[rt-users] Modifying History-information?

Johan Elmerfjord jelmerfj at adobe.com
Mon Jan 17 05:51:47 EST 2011

We are about to open up RT for everyone in the company, and are doing
this by setting the Privileges: SeeQueue and ShowTicket to the group
Everybody. Then we run with External Ldap authentication - so all
company users can use the /SelfService/ - interface.

We have a little problem though.

We have a number of tickets that contains sensitive information. Like
Usernames and passwords.
Sometimes such info is added by the ticket-requester that doesn't see
the harm in doing so.

Is there a way for the ticket-owner - or a super-user to go in and
delete such info from the history?
Either through RT directly - or if there are any other tools available?

I'm not found of doing updates in database directly - and before I write
a tool to do it - I'll better ask here.

Regards, Johan

--

Johan Elmerfjord | Sr. Systems Administration/Mgr, EMEA | Adobe Systems
(OBU) | p. +45 36 98 89 50 x6008 | cell. +46 735 101 444 |
JohanE at adobe.com