[rt-users] Help on discouraging migration to Remedy

Lev Lafayette lev at vpac.org
Mon Jan 17 19:31:27 EST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Dennis <daodennis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Guadagnino Cristiano
> > <guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it> wrote:
>
> probably because of the asset management capabilities? I've seen this
> happen with another solution, topdesk (quite popular in NL).
>
> No, asset tracker does not cut it here.
>
> As much as I like RT, without a good asset tracking integration it
> will lose lots of market in the smb segment.

A simple start in this regard is adding custom fields, or even a queue.

At least all the  tickets relating to a particular asset can be tracked
that way.

--
Lev Lafayette, Systems Administrator, Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing, lev at vpac.org
"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand when they start to read your response."  RFC 1855