[rt-users] Certain RT operations painfully slow.

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Tue Jan 18 12:43:47 EST 2011

RT Users,

A few years ago we started adding a group as AdminCc to many tickets.
It made sense for our process and seemed like a good idea at the time.
Fast forward to today. This group is AdminCc on many, many tickets.
Now when we add a new member to the group it can take 15 minutes for
the add to complete, usually with the web interface timing out.

To alleviate this situation I wrote a script to remove this group from
many old tickets, but this too is taking a long time to complete.
Here's the key line from the script:

my ($status, $msg) = $t->DeleteWatcher(PrincipalId => $pid, Type =>
"AdminCc", Silent => 1);

Which causes this long running mysql query:

Command: Query
   Time: 86
  State: Sending data
   Info: SELECT main.* FROM CachedGroupMembers main   WHERE ((main.Via
= '28522070')) AND ((main.id != '28522070'))

Ouch.

Can anyone recommend an approach to fixing this problem?

Thanks.