[rt-users] Base64 encoded emails unreadable

Patrick Hess phess at cataphora.com
Fri Jan 21 13:52:56 EST 2011

The entire content of emails, not just attachments, from BlackBerry devices
appears to be Base64 encoded.  The issue that we're having is that RT-3.6.3
is unable to detect that the message is encoded -- even though the
"Content-Transfer-Encoding header" is set to "base64" -- and therefore any
message from a BlackBerry is unreadable.

I'm fairly certain that someone else has seen this problem and fixed it; I'm
hoping someone can give a recommendation to help with this.  I am running
RT-3.6.3 on a RHEL4u5 x64 server with perl-5.8.5 using the
perl-5.8.5-36.RHEL4 RPM.

--phess