[rt-users] child tickets

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Wed Jan 26 11:18:54 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 09:50:29AM -0600, Chris Barnes wrote:
> (noob question)
>
> So I see there are some discussions about something called "child
> tickets".   From what I believe this means, this would be something
> quite useful for us.
>

> So how do I create a ticket that is a child of another ticket?
> Using RT 3.8.8

Child ticket is a just a ticket that as a "Link" to another ticket. You
can quickly create one with the following method:

- display a ticket
- in the box on bottom right of ticket metadata, with the title "Links",
  click on "add" link in front of either "Depends on", "Child" or
  "Refers to". The kind of link type choice depends of your needs.

more details here: http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Relationships