[rt-users] Route tickets to queues based on TO email address

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Jan 28 12:50:41 EST 2011

Stephen,

We do something like this. We have a "Triage" Queue that receives email for
a large support group that supports 8 different applications, hence 8
possible "support" Queues for the ticket to be created in. We use a scrip in
the "Triage" queue to evaluate the incoming Email and based on the results
of that evaluation, create the ticket in the correct "support" Queue
*OR*leave it in the "Triage" Queue for further scrutiny.

For us, it's easy because we installed "CommandByMail" and therefore any
incoming Email will include a Custom Field value (based on a template we
gave our users) that is used in the scrip to determine where to create the
new ticket.

If you have "CommandByMail" installed, I'd be more than happy to send you a
version of our scrip.

Kenn
LBNL