[rt-users] scripts for daily notifications for unassigned and unresolved tickets

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 11:39:47 EST 2011

--- On Fri, 1/28/11, Kenneth Crocker <kfcrocker at lbl.gov> wrote:

From: Kenneth Crocker <kfcrocker at lbl.gov>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] scripts for daily notifications for unassigned and unresolved tickets
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Date: Friday, January 28, 2011, 11:00 AM

Joseph,

If you're on 3.8.x, this can be done using Dashboards.

Kenn
LBNL

Kenneth:
  Thanks for the tip.  I've been playing with it a bit, but I never get the notification.  My dashboard looks like this:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4595/dashboardo.png

>From the setup above, I suspect I should get a daily list of "new and open" tickets at 18:00 GMT.  (technically it's "new OR open", but the search does return both new and open tickets)

If I go to manage my Dashboard, and click on the Name: ticket reminder, I do get the list of "new and open" tickets.

Is there maybe some global permission preventing me from performing this?