[rt-users] Upgrade or migrate to RT4?

Paul O'Rorke paul at paulororke.net
Tue Jul 5 16:45:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've been following along with user's experience in moving to RT4.  In order
to see if I wanted to upgrade my RT3.8.4 I've been using at my work place
for the last 2 years I installed a fresh virtual machine with a vanilla RT4
install.  I like it and would like to use it for production.

I would prefer to import the data into RT4 than upgrade the existing 3.8.4.

I do nightly mysqldumps of the database and tar up the contents
of*/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8
*, */usr/share/request-tracker3.8* and */etc/request-tracker3.8
*
My question is : "It possible to run the upgrade scripts on the database and
get the data in the new instance (RT4) without actually upgrading my 3.8.4?"
or do I have to run the upgrade process on my 3.8.4 instance?

Maybe I missed it - is there a step by step guide for doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Paul