[rt-users] LDAPImport bug with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jul 11 12:01:59 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:53:42AM -0400, Shawn M Plummer wrote:
> I have been implementing a test installation of rt4 and am migrating to LDAPImport to replace a very old rt to ldap sync script we had.
> However whenever I run LDAPImport I get the following errors:

> [Mon Jul 11 15:31:00 2011] [info]: RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Address1: Unassigned, Disabled: 0, EmailAddress: NAME at geneseo.edu, Name: NAME, Organization: , Privileged: 0, RealName: NAME Esmaili, WorkPhone: Unlisted (/opt/rt4devel/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:536)
> [Mon Jul 11 15:31:00 2011] [error]: couldn't create user_obj for oe1: Could not set user info (/opt/rt4devel/local/plugins/RT-Extension-LDAPImport/lib/RT/Extension/LDAPImport.pm:866)
> couldn't create user_obj for oe1: Could not set user info
>
> When I run LDAPImport with --debug it reports all the info just fine. But then I do --imnport I get the above error.
>
> Is LDAPImport compatible with the External Auth plugin?

They are compatible, but it's entirely possible that you have some
crufty user data.

Do you already have a user whose Name and EMailAddress are both
NAME at geneseo.edu ?

If you log in as this user, can RT-Authen-ExternalAuth find and
authenticate this user?

You can also run with both --debug and --import

-kevin