[rt-users] What is sbin/rt-dump-database actually for?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 12 12:09:11 EDT 2011

On 07/12/2011 11:59 AM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> Seems to dump XML out of some stuff, but not ticket
> data, etc.
>
> I don't want to make assumptions about it, and it's
> not documented anywhere I can find (including in
> the source for it).
>
> What is this for?  It would appear its scope is not
> really defined by the script name.

The version in 4.0, renamed to rt-dump-metadata, is slightly more
enlightening:
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/sbin/rt-dump-metadata.in#L230

It's a very old tool that may not work in some cases, so if you plan to
use it I suggest you test it very well.

If you just want a quickly reloadable set of default configurations, I
suggest you look into writing your own initialdata file.

Thomas