[rt-users] RT Upgrade from 3.8.8 to 4.0.0 Problem

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 12 12:14:41 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 02:02:38PM +0000, Roberto Hoyle wrote:
> Kevin Falcone <falcone <at> bestpractical.com> writes:
> > I believe your options are:
> >
> > * Use 4.0.1, not 4.0.0
> > * Temporarily disable RT::Authen::ExternalAUth in @Plugins until you
> >   upgrade it
> > * Upgrade RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, since 0.09 works fine with 3.8.8 and
> >   4.0.1
>
> If I do a make upgrade from 4.0.1 on the directory that has 4.0.0, will
> that screw up the installation?

No.

> Also, RT::Authen::ExternalAUth was not anywhere in the error output
> above, which is why I wasn't sure if it was the same issue or not.  I
> just came across the ExternalAuth link by searching over the mailing
> list archives.

The error is thrown by perl before RT ever has a prayer of throwing a
better error.

It is resolved by running a newer RT, a newer RT-Authen-ExternalAuth
(which is already required for RT4) or possibly by the newest release
of Net::LDAP.

Out of curiousity, why was an old version of RT-Authen-ExternalAuth in
your RT tree?  Did you upgrade in-place rather than into a clean
directory?

-kevin