[rt-users] Address field behavior with RT 4.0.1 upgrade

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 12 17:44:19 EDT 2011

On 07/12/2011 04:10 PM, Max Hetrick wrote:
> Is there a way to limit the Autocomplete to only search for privileged
> users in the system?

The autocomplete code has logic for doing this, but it's not exposed as
a configuration option and is only used internally in certain parts of
the admin UI where it makes sense to have only privileged users.  We'd
certainly take a small patch to expose it in the config as well.

I believe we mean to do this for a future 4.0.x release.

> But, I see no place or how to make this go back to the old way of a "text" field.

Additionally, we might take a patch to make the entire feature
enabled/disabled at the config level, but that would be a little bit
more work.

Thomas