[rt-users] Setting up HTTPS on RT 3.8

Mark Jenks mark.jenks at iodincorporated.com
Wed Jul 13 07:53:19 EDT 2011

# more rt3.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName rt.domain.com
    ServerAdmin root at localhost

    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html

    Alias /robots.txt /var/www/html/robots.txt

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName rt.domain.com:443
    ServerAdmin root at localhost

    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html

    Alias /robots.txt /var/www/html/robots.txt

    ErrorLog logs/mysslerror.log
    sslEngine on
    SSLProtocol -ALL +SSLv3 +TLSv1
    SSLCipherSuite ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
    TraceEnable off
    LogLevel info
    TransferLog logs/access_log
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
    </Directory>

    sslCertificateFile "/etc/httpd/certs/domain.com.crt"
    sslCertificateKeyFile "/etc/httpd/certs/domain.cert-nopwd.pem"
    sslCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/certs/gd_bundle.crt
</VirtualHost>