[rt-users] Apache errors after installing RT4

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 19 09:47:01 EDT 2011

On 07/19/2011 01:43 AM, Raghavendra Lal Kalyankar wrote:
> After fighting for few days on the below issue, I thought of changing the OS to OpenSUSE and get a successful RT4 installation. As luck would have it, I got the installation completed successfully, including intializing the database. However, while configure httpd.conf file, I came to know that bin/webmux.pl is required for instantiating Apache. But, RT4, by default did not install webmux.pl inside the bin folder. It only had the below files inside the bin directory.

You clearly aren't reading our install documentation, because none of
the 4.0 docs mention configuring Apache to use webmux.pl.  Can you point
me to the install documentation you were reading?

Please carefully read our README and docs/web_deployment.pod that ship
in the 4.0.1 tarball.  They describe all the steps you need to get a
successful RT install.

Thomas