[rt-users] Rt 4.0.1 and XAMPP

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 20 08:50:51 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 01:46:03PM +0100, Ich Wersonst wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    I am using SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (i586) and XAMPP 1.7.4.
>
>    I have already installed RT 4.0.1 and managed to install the rt-database into the
>    MySQL-Database-Server of the XAMPP stack. But now, I'm not sure how to manage the Apache2
>    configuration within the XAMPP-environment.
>
>    For example, according to the install Guide on SLES11 I have to add "perl" to the
>    APACHE_MODULES variable in /etc/sysconfig/apache2
>
>    And after that I have to create the file "rt.conf" under /etc/apache2/vhosts.d
>
>    Does anyone know where I have to configure respectively create these files in XAMPP?

While it won't be XAMPP specific, the included configuration
documentation is likely to be more accurate for an RT4 install than
an old third-party install document on the wiki.

A quick google finds http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html
which explains where the apache configuration file lives.

-kevin