[rt-users] see new replies on home / dashboard

Simon Walter simon at gikaku.com
Thu Jul 21 11:51:37 EDT 2011

On Thursday, July 21, 2011, Thomas Sibley wrote:
> On 07/21/2011 08:30 AM, Ryan Frantz wrote:
> > Alternatively, on the at-a-glance page, you could edit the '10 highest
> > priority tickets I own' section to include the 'UpdateStatus' column.
> > That will show a status of "New" when a new comment/reply came in that
> > isn't from you.
>
> Yep, I always forget about that one since I turn off in my preferences
> the unread messages notification at the top of tickets.  If you use that
> feature, however, the UpdateStatus column is great.

Yes, this looks good. I notice the default is "No". Where are those defaults
set? Are they set via the web interface, or via a config file?

Also, can I have those columns added by default to all users or newly created
users?

Also, it seems that the "New" status never goes away unless "Notify me of
unread messages" option is set to "Yes" then one can click on "jump to the
first unread message and mark all messages as seen". Would it be incorrect to
assume that I could write a scrip to "mark all messages as seen" when a reply
is sent or when just viewing the history?

Sorry for all the n00b questions... (-_-;)

I want to make things as fool proof as possible for my users. The UpdateStatus
and LastUpdatedBy column does sure help with not missing correspondence from
clients. So that is great. Thanks for your help Thomas and Ryan!

Simon