[rt-users] Configuring RT::Authen::ExternalAuth after successful install of RT4

Raghavendra Lal Kalyankar RaghavendraLK at sumtotalsystems.com
Thu Jul 21 14:08:25 EDT 2011

Team

I am trying to get authentication happen between Microsoft Active Directory and RT using RT::Authen::ExternalAuth. I have successfully installed it and as per the README, I have configured the attached values in /etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm.

Now, I am getting the below error while authenticating to the site, regardless of local or external user account:
Can't call method "as_string" on an undefined value at /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm line 195.

Can someone please help me in this?

Thanks
Raghu

This message and any attachments thereto contain information that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is the property of SumTotal Systems, Inc.  It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message, any attachments thereto or any part thereof.  If you receive this message in error, please notify me at RaghavendraLK at sumtotalsystems.com<mailto:RaghavendraLK at sumtotalsystems.com> and delete all copies of this message and attachments.   SumTotal Systems, Inc. has implemented anti-virus software on its computers and servers, however, it is the recipient's own responsibility to ensure that all attachments are scanned for viruses prior to usage.