[rt-users] Suppressing priority messages

Jason Brown jason.brown at millbrookprinting.com
Fri Jul 22 11:18:09 EDT 2011

Ken,
     We are using a tiered approach as part of our priority system.  For
instance, highest priority tickets would have a range from 90-100,
medium priority tickets from 60 - 100, and lower tickets start at 1.
Along with their priority, they also have an associated time frame of
completion.  A break and fix scenario would need to be completed
immediately if it affected the entire company whereas if it only
impacted one individual and there was a work around (such as a dead
keyboard) it would need to be resolved within three days.  Other time
frames would be; improvements to a particular system would be completed
within 30 days and projects are TBD which is dependent upon their
scope.  The team checks into RT periodically throughout the day and
takes work orders which focus on their job roles.

I have used this same type of work flow in the past when I worked for a
university.  The only difference was that our help desk made the
determination and assigned it appropriately (most of the time :) ).
Projects were never apart of the work order system as they were tied
into a secondary system like MS Project.