[rt-users] RT not using CorrespondAddress

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Sun Jul 24 13:19:46 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 08:04:24AM -0900, Simon Walter wrote:
> I have this in /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
>
> Set($rtname, "example");
> Set($WebDomain, "example.com");
> Set($Organization, "example.com");
> Set($CorrespondAddress, "support at example.com");
> Set($CommentAddress, "support at example.com");
>
> And I get email from:
> "Internal Todos and Reminders via RT" <support.com at manage.example.com>
>
> I change it to:
>
> Set($rtname, "example");
> Set($WebDomain, "example.com");
> Set($Organization, "example.com");
> Set($CorrespondAddress, "support");
> Set($CommentAddress, "support");
>
> And I get email from:
>
> "Internal Todos and Reminders via RT" <support at manage.example.com>
>
> Better, but still not correct. Yes, the machines host name is manage. Yes it
> is a subdomain of example.com that exists on the local network. No,
> example.com isn't what I'm using. It's just an example.
>
> What gives?
>
> How can I get RT to actually use the address I specify?

In your first example, RT sees the string "support.com", in the second
it sees "support" so your MTA has to stick on the hostname.

Try using single quotes when defining your correspond address so Perl
won't interpolate @example

Set(CorrespondAddress, 'support at example.com');

I believe we have a branch slated for 4.0.2 to change the example
quotes.

-kevin