[rt-users] RT3 - Custom Field search box in at a glance

Stijn Jonker sjcjonker at sjc.nl
Wed Jul 27 00:41:35 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Within our relatively new instance of RT 3.8.10 an custom field is created for the external ticket / reference number. Despite searches, possibly with wrong words, on RT-Users and the Wiki the following question still remains:

The normal search box above doesn't return any matches on the "Ext Ticket #" custom field despite being a global custom field. When performing an query via the query builder searches for a ext ticket number, for instance 11111 works fine and the internal ticket 1030 is returned. When there we have an internal ticket which has the same ID as stored in an other ticket for the ext ticket # then the internal ticket is shown directly.

What we would like to do is present an special search box on the "RT at a glance" page where the search is solely performed on the custom field. Is there any way to do this with the base functions of RT or via an extension?

If this is not available, are there some pointers available how one can create, via a bit a perl or so, an item on the "RT at a glance" page with this search form that will populate a field in a saved search or otherwise?

Thanks in advance,
Stijn

--
Yours Sincerly / Met Vriendelijke groet,
Stijn Jonker