[rt-users] "Message body not shown because it is too large."

Ginger K keith.macpherson at gingermonkey.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 11:01:01 EDT 2011

Forgive my late intrusion on this conversation.

Sullivan, Rob wrote:

> I'm seeing some unusual behavior on an RT 3.8.9 system just upgraded
> from 3.6.6.  It has to do with pasting text from Outlook or Word into a
> ticket, and results are different from browser to browser.  Results seem
> to be the same regardless of whether we are using rich or plain text
> formatting.
>
> [snip]

I was going nuts with the same issue. Investigating it further, I found the
comment stored in the Contents field in the Attachments table--the
attachment is identified by the second number in the "Download (untitled)"
link. Paste from an Office application includes the xml style sheet that
Microsoft Office apps add to html pages. It's pretty much the same content
seen in a simple html page when Word is HTML editor.

The dangerous route is to update the field with the expected contents while
also updating the Content-Length item in the Headers field. It's a PITA to
put it mildly. I now paste with great caution if the source is a Microsoft
application.

Hope this sheds some light on the question. Not sure what can be done to
remove the extraneous content though.

Keith