[rt-users] RT4 slowness

Robert Wysocki robert.wysocki at contium.pl
Wed Jun 1 03:58:29 EDT 2011

Dnia 2011-05-31, wto o godzinie 12:59 -0400, Kevin Falcone pisze:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:56:46PM -0400, Chris Hall wrote:
> >    Just for the record I'm having the same issues as L.B. I attempted loading jsmin, and for a
> >    time it appeared that this was going to be a bigtime home run. In fact, it did fix the issues
> >    I was having with speed! However, jsmin seemed to also break several aspects of the RT
> >    interface. Immediately I noticed the javascript dropdowns were gone.. no big deal, switched to
> >    the ballard interface as the default. However, opening a new ticket.. everything was jumbled
> >    around... dropdowns were permanently opened, the minimize links for the different zones
> >    wouldn't work anymore.. it was generally a bad day. :( So I've turned it back off. This does
> >    however shed some light on what may be the cause of.. at least.. my speed issues.
> >    The search continues...
>
> RT only builds the squished css/js once per child process.  If you're
> actually seeing it built on each request, something is horribly wrong
> and isn't something we've seen or been able to replicate.

The same for me - 7 second delay befor loading any page. The obvious fix
for it - after reading this thread, was to remove references to
JavaScript::Minifier in lib/RT/Squish/JS.pm.
Now the delay isn't greater than 4 seconds and since we're using RT
almost exclusively on LAN it's OK for us.

--
Robert Wysocki
CONTIUM S.A., http://www.contium.pl