[rt-users] Migrating to RT from another ticket system

Bart bart at pleh.info
Mon Jun 6 07:44:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

We are currently working on migrating to Request Tracker.

The step on which we are now is creating a proof of concept, this is coming
along pretty nicely.
With the O'Reilly book + mailing lists + wiki at hand we're getting there,
just filling out the specific details :)

I do however want to look at a road bump ahead, which is migrating the old
ticket date into RT.

We have the ability to export all the current date to CSV format, keeping
those fields that we feel are fit for RT. (the old/current ticketing system
is Assyst from Axios Systems)
We don't mind if ticket numbers are new, we prefer it really, as long as we
can store the old ticket number in a CF (which I believe we can).

What would be the best way to import the data?
Can we use the command-line RT functions or do we have to do some database
magic? (I'm not a database wizard so we'd have to find someone for that lol)

The reason why I'm asking this is mainly to get some information about the
migration process before hand, such information would safe me allot of time
later on.

So any information that would point us in the right direction would be
helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Bart