[rt-users] RT4.0 and fetchmail

declaya chocoboselphie at gmx.de
Thu Jun 9 09:10:26 EDT 2011

Hi Rob,
thank you for your fast response!

I was able to solve my problem! :)
It was my fault not to notice that our mailserver runs under Windows and
that its domain is different from the domain of the email adresses. So
fetchmail tried to assign the mailserver domain to the username of the user
the emails to RT are sent to, which is wrong.

All I had to do was to change the fetchmailrc from
poll my.mailserver.com protocol pop3 username emailacc password ***** mda
"/usr/bin/perl /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --action correspond --queue
mainqueue --url http://localhost/rt/"
poll my.mailserver.com protocol pop3 auth ntlm username emailacc password
***** mda "/usr/bin/perl /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --action correspond
--queue mainqueue --url http://localhost/rt/"
so that fetchmail assigns the right domain.

My fetchmail log said this (to help maybe others having the same problem):
fetchmail: Fehler bei Server-Zertifikat-Überprüfung: unable to get local
issuer certificate
fetchmail: Fehler bei Server-Zertifikat-Überprüfung: certificate not trusted
fetchmail: Fehler bei Server-Zertifikat-Überprüfung: unable to verify the
first certificate
fetchmail: Fehler beim Austausch der Beglaubigungen
fetchmail: Authentifikationsfehlschlag bei emailacc at my.mailserver.com
fetchmail: Abfragestatus=3 (AUTHFAIL)

("Fehler bei Server-Zertifikat-Überprüfung" means "error while checking
server certificate", "Fehler beim Austausch der Beglaubigungen" means "error
while exchanging verifications", "Authentifikationsfehlschlag bei" means
"authentification error at" and "Abfragestatus" means "query state" --- I
don't know if these are the right English expressions, since my Ubuntu runs
in German, but I hope you can understand it)

5 hard days of work are finally solved by 8 letters.
Now I'm happy. :)
Have a nice day!