[rt-users] Ldap Import and Groups

Giuseppe Sollazzo gsollazz at sgul.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 12:06:15 EDT 2011

Hi there,
I've tried the ldap import script which run smoothly except for one
thing: the users weren't put in the group specified.

As far as I understood,

#The Group new users belong to (optional)
#All new users will belong to the 'Imported from LDAP' group
#You can change the name of this group using the $LDAPGroupName
#variable
  Set($LDAPGroupName,'Imported Users');
#If you would like to prevent users from being added to any
#additional groups, you can set this to true:
  Set($LDAPSkipAutogeneratedGroup, 1);

  Set($LDAPUpdateUsers,1);

With this setting, the users should be put in a group called "imported
users". This didn't happen. So I assumed the group needed to be created
manually, which I did, but still no user was put in the group (in the
second try I had some new users, so there's no risk of an overlapping
problem of inability to move users).

Am I doing something wrong?

 From another point of view: I can't find if there's a way to select
users in the "Users" interface other than by username match. It would be
great to be able to select all unprivileged users, or all users with no
group membership.

Thanks,
Giuseppe

--