[rt-users] User creation failed in mailgateway: Name in use

declaya chocoboselphie at gmx.de
Fri Jun 10 08:28:15 EDT 2011

Robert-356 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Bugging me for days, I'm sending an email to RT to create a ticket,
> the address already exists in the database.
>
> I send it, it fails and I receive back 3 emails
> 1. "User creation failed in mailgateway: Name in use"
> 2. "User 'xxx at xxx' could not be loaded in the mail gateway"
> 3. "RT could not load valid user"
>
> the log output
>
> Jun 10 11:28:29 eu-support RT: User creation failed in mailgateway: Name
> in use (/opt/rt3/bin/../local/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:244)
>
> RT_SiteConfig
> Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,1);
> Set($ValidateUserEmailAddresses,1);
>

> Globals->Group privs
>         Everyone->CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket
>         Privaleged->CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket
>         Unprivileged->CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket
>
> this has happened on more than one occasion and ive been through quite a
> few possible fixes? and have run out of ideas,
>
> can anyone shed some light on exactly what is going on?
>
> best
> Saragan

Hi Robert-356,

are you using the RT-ExternalAuth plugin? I got similar error massages when
it was not configured correctly. Have you tried to turn it off?
I can only tell from my research, it doesn't need to be correct, but maybe
RT tries to check if the user already exists and - if we assume that you use
ExternalAuth and your config is somehow wrong - it can't get access to the
AD server.
My second guess: Have you double-checked all users in your db at the
frontend? Try to search after a % in the name and you will find all
registered users.

Hope this helps!