[rt-users] Rights to Search by CF in 'Add Criteria' Box on /Search/Build.html

Michael Steen michael.steen at livetext.com
Tue Jun 14 16:07:58 EDT 2011

RT 3.8.9

I have a group with these queue level rights:

Current rights *(Check box to revoke right)*
 AssignCustomFields
 CommentOnTicket
 CreateTicket
 DeleteTicket
 ForwardMessage
 ModifyCustomField
 ModifyTicket
 OwnTicket
 ReplyToTicket
 SeeCustomField
 SeeQueue
 ShowOutgoingEmail
 ShowTicket
 ShowTicketComments
 StealTicket
 TakeTicket
 Watch

The users within that group can see custom fields on the
/Ticket/Display.html page.  However, they do not see custom fields in the
'Add Criteria' box on the /Search/Build.html page.  I experimented by adding
global rights to the Everyone group one at a time.  When I added
SeeCustomField, the CF's appeared in the Add Criteria module on
/Build.html.  Should this right always be applied globally?  Is there
something else I am missing?

Thanks,

Mike