[rt-users] Rights to Search by CF in 'Add Criteria' Box on /Search/Build.html

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 15 13:21:26 EDT 2011

Michael,

Can't argue with you there. But keep in mind that way back in RT 3.4
(earlier?) the only way to see/update a CF was by group. I believe (could be
wrong, have been B4) that was intended to allow compartmentalization of CF's
for regular users, therefore by giving a group rights, they could use that
CF regardless of how many Queues the CF was applied. Maintenance was easier
if that CF was User (group) oriented (didn't have to go into each Queue and
grant those rights over and over). However, I DO like the option to give CF
rights at the Queue level as well, but that right is relatively new and
perhaps needs some more work.

Kenn
LBNL