[rt-users] Access denied for user root; remote database host

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:14:50 EDT 2011

I have RT running one one VM (192.168.2.9) and MySQL (192.168.2.5)
running on another. I've granted permissions on all databases to
root at 192.168.2.9. When I run `make initialize-database` it creates the
database and attempts to grant access to rt_user at localhost (MySQL
server), but fails with the error "Access denied for user
'root'@'192.168.2.9'".

My MySQL chops aren't up to what they used to be. No password is set
which shouldn't be an issue anyway since the initial connection is
made that allows the database to be created. Only after it that is
done and it attempts to grant access to rt_user does it throw the
error. Anyone know what's going on?

--
-Mathew

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything
at all." - God; Futurama