[rt-users] Blacklist and Bugzilla

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jun 23 07:29:50 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:43:32AM +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> > Go to ticket 7387 and provide the full headers of the mail that
> > triggered the Autoreply.
>
> Below, with blank lines added for clarity: I'm guessing that
> the RT-Squelch-Replies-To line is significant.

Yep, I believe I mentioned that header back in my original reply to
the thread.

RT sees this:

> Auto-Submitted: auto-generated

Add adds these

> RT-Squelch-Replies-To: bugzilla-internal@[REDACTED].com
> RT-DetectedAutoGenerated: true

So that it knows later not to reply to the transaction.

That change came in with 9ba140330ad503e170488c8b463914baa1b734ea and
3.8.0 so we would be RFC3834 compliant.

You may need a local mod of CheckForAutoGenerated that avoids
triggering on your bugzilla instance.

RT very intentionally doesn't reply to properly flagged AutoGenerated
email since it is a great source of mail loops

-kevin