[rt-users] RT Authentication with Joomla (CB)

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu Jun 23 20:48:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

What you need is to configure ExternalAuth's DBI module to connect to
Joomla's DB and use it to auth people. Tricky part here is format of
passwords in Joomla's DB, details you can find on the following page
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=207689.

ExternalAuth::DBI has very limitted understanding of how passwords are
validated, so it will need a little bit of adjustment.

Actually, I would love to see a patch that adds a config option that
is a function reference. This function is called with password user
entered in the login form and data module fetched from the DB and this
function returns true or false.

Anyway, external auth is good place to start. It can as well fetch
additional info from an external source.

If it doesn't work for you then you can take a look at
RT::Authen::PAUSE as example of very simple auth module.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.