[rt-users] CustomField clearing via REST request CF.{FieldName}:

Edward Frye rt at edwardfrye.com
Fri Jun 24 20:55:30 EDT 2011

I am writing some scripts to update tickets and Custom Fields with data,
but I would like to clear those fields prior to updating them
if I issue a POST command with something like
*
*

content=id: ticket/4327
CF.{AffectedUser}: NewUserID
CF.{AffectedManager}: NewManagerID

It works great, however, if I already have information in the
CF.{AffectedUser} field of that ticket, say for example, I had the user and
manager in the same field, it won't remove the manager.

I have attempted to search for this in the email archives and came up blank
or unanswered questions so far.

I have over 2000 tickets where I need to separate User from Manager and they
are currently both in the same CF

Thanks,