[rt-users] ExternalAuth for requestors but not privileged users?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sun Jun 26 13:15:54 EDT 2011

I think this will work, soliciting opinions before I do something stupid, though:

-          Large group of unprivileged users (i.e. requestors), accessible via LDAP

-          Small group of privileged users (i.e. staff), NOT in that ldap directory

I create the staff in the local RT user database, and set up ExternalAuth to the LDAP directory.  Pass-through feature allows staff to log in and use the system, but everything gets searched for in LDAP first.  Right?

-Adam Thompson

 <mailto:athompso at athompso.net> athompso at athompso.net

(204) 291-7950 - direct

(204) 489-6515 - fax