[rt-users] ExternalAuth for requestors but not privileged users?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu Jun 30 17:14:29 EDT 2011

> RT-Authen-ExternalAuth falls back to internal auth if the username
> / pass doesn't match in LDAP

I'm sure I saw something about this a little while ago, but I can't find
it now.  Sorry if this is rehashing old material...

Is there any way to have RT-Authen-ExternalAuth try more than one LDAP
server in a defined order?  I'm thinking of something like having it query
Active Directory first for staff, then the LDAP server with all our
customer accounts, finally falling back to local DB for root only?

Thanks,

-Adam Thompson
 athompso at athompso.net