[rt-users] "Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /opt/rt3/share/html/Admin/Users/index.html line 120, line 69."

hubert depesz lubaczewski depesz at depesz.com
Tue Mar 1 03:45:58 EST 2011

hi
got RT 3.8.8 instance which was working happily for quite some time now
(although it could be that I didn't use these particular options), and
today I noticed that when logging as superuser, and going to
configuration-> usetrs, groups, queues or custom fields - i get these
errors:

Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /opt/rt3/share/html/Admin/Users/index.html line 120, line 69.
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /opt/rt3/share/html/Admin/Groups/index.html line 116, line 69.
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /opt/rt3/share/html/Admin/Queues/index.html line 114, line 69.
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /opt/rt3/share/html/Admin/CustomFields/index.html line 110, line 69.

these errors are showed in browser, and nothing about it got logged (i'm using syslog logger).

Global and Tools configurations looks like working.

This installation is on linux (debian), with postgresql 9.0 backend.

In database query logs I see these queries:

SELECT  * FROM Groups WHERE LOWER(Domain) = LOWER('SystemInternal') AND LOWER(Type) = LOWER('Privileged')
SELECT  * FROM GroupMembers WHERE GroupId = '4' AND MemberId = '12'
SELECT  * FROM Users WHERE id = '12'
SELECT  * FROM Principals WHERE id = '12'
SELECT ACL.id, ACL.ObjectType, ACL.ObjectId FROM ACL, Principals, CachedGroupMembers WHERE (ACL.RightName = 'SuperUser' OR ACL.RightName = 'ShowConfigTab') AND Principals.id = ACL.PrincipalId AND Principals.PrincipalType = 'Group' AND Principals.Disabled = 0 AND CachedGroupMembers.GroupId  = ACL.PrincipalId AND CachedGroupMembers.GroupId  = Principals.id AND CachedGroupMembers.MemberId = 12 AND CachedGroupMembers.Disabled = 0  AND ((ACL.ObjectType = 'RT::System' AND ACL.ObjectId = 1) OR (ACL.ObjectType = 'RT::System' AND ACL.ObjectId = 1)) LIMIT 1

and all of them return single row.

what could be wrong?

Best regards,

depesz