[rt-users] Calculations on custom field values

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Thu Mar 3 02:55:25 EST 2011

Daniel Farst wrote:
> I have a couple of things I'd like to do with RT and haven't been able to find any clear answers how to do it, or if it's even possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction? We'd like to do some simple calculations on values stored in a custom fields and on values from those custom fields in tickets returned from a saved search.
>
> Some background info: We use a queue in RT 3.8.8 to keep track of upcoming orders we need to place with a ticket for each order. Those tickets have custom fields tracking several values including order cost, what we're charging for the order, order status, tracking numbers, etc..
I do something like this and also as other already pointed out, it can
be  done within RT but not as flexible as in Excel for example.

I have an asset (using AssetTracker) that has 3 CFs for counting how
many hours support a party has and uses.
Further I have a script which is triggered for each transaction and
looks at a ticket CF to see if it needs to recalculated the used hours.
Through the clever use of Queue and Asset names it gets to the right
asset CFs and updates them.

Things that are still to be done are for example: send a mail (ticket)
when there is only 10% left or better use a CF to hold when to send the
mail. Could be different per client.

Regards,

Joop