[rt-users] Promoting a user who was autocreated to "real user" status...

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Fri Mar 4 00:55:11 EST 2011

Maybe it's just late and I'm having brain fade, but Google is failing me
right now.  Maybe what I hope to do is impossible, though it seems like
something people would want to do.

I've got a user, let's call her "Annie".  She has submitted tickets via
email to at least one queue, so she has an account in the Users table.

Now I'm setting up another queue which I need her to have privileges in.
I tried to create an "annie" account the manual way, and it says her email
address is already in use, which is of course quite true.

So how do I now "promote" her so I can grant her some rights?

For now I just created an account with an alternate email address, but I
can see this coming up a lot.

Again, my apologies if this is incredibly obvious.  I find that quite a
few simple things in RT3 confound me, so this is just another one to add
to the list if that's the case.  But I still think it's pretty awesome.

Thanks in advance!

PS. I'm using v3.8.8 if it matters.

---
Jason Marshall, IT Manager, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

   From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
     "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

   "I have great faith in fools:
      Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe