[rt-users] Search for tickets with unread comments

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Mar 4 11:59:59 EST 2011

Kevin Falcone wrote:
> But honestly, it sounds like you want to order by LastUpdated and show
> LastUpdatedBy so that you can tell if an external customer updated a
> ticket.

For posterity, here's my solution.  I split "My tickets" into two
searches; one for "Newest tickets updated by me"

Owner = '__CurrentUser__' AND LastUpdatedBy = '__CurrentUser__' AND (
Status = 'open' OR Status = 'stalled' OR Status = 'new' )

and the other for "Newest tickets updated by others"

Owner = '__CurrentUser__' AND LastUpdatedBy != '__CurrentUser__'

I left off the status from this search because it is possible for an
outsider to update a closed ticket by email.  It won't show up on the
dashboard and then I have a pissed off [manager | citizen] to deal with.

I also added a third search for "Recently closed tickets" so we know
what tickets are closed.

This works for me.

--Yan

--
My car is Japanese. My Vodka is Russian. My pizza is Italian. My kebab is Turkish. My democracy is Greek. My wine is French. My coffee is Brazilian. My language is English. My movies are American. My music is African. My beers are German. My shirt is Indian. My oil is Saudi Arabian. My electronics are Taiwanese. My rifle is Czech. My shoes are Chinese.  My math is Arabic, my writing Latin. And you complain that your neighbor is Mexican?