[rt-users] Recovering RT data base

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Wed Mar 9 14:31:40 EST 2011

Using RT 3.8.7 on Fedora 8 with data in MySQL. RT was working correctly
for several months, though with only casual use. Approximately three
weeks ago, two MySQL tables started reporting corruption. This was
coincident with installation of NagiosQL, which created a new data base,
but I don't know that the two events are related. Now all tables for RT
report OK with mysqlcheck *except* Attachments and Transactions. For
those, any attempt to reference them results in loss of the data base
connection.

# ./rt-validator -c
[Thu Feb 24 01:11:06 2011] [warning]: DBD::mysql::st execute failed:
Lost connection to MySQL server during query at ./rt-validator line
1058. (./rt-validator:1058)
[Thu Feb 24 01:11:06 2011] [crit]: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost
connection to MySQL server during query at ./rt-validator line 1058.
(/opt/rt3/sbin/../lib/RT.pm:379)
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during
query at ./rt-validator line 1058.

# mysqlcheck -p --repair rt3 Attachments
Enter password:
mysqlcheck: Got error: 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during
query when executing 'REPAIR TABLE ... '

Unfortunately, I do not have MySQL backups from before this situation.
The corrupt MySQL data base is backed-up by actual copy (cp while mysqld
was stopped). The non-corrupt tables are backed-up by mysqldump.

Is there any way to recover use of these two tables short of dropping
the entire data base and recreating? If I did that, would the mysqldump
of the remaining tables allow me to restore most content?
--
Dave Close