[rt-users] RT Archiving Tickets

Brumm, Torsten / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham MI-ID torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Tue Mar 15 08:39:58 EDT 2011

Hi Ronald,
another option would be Shredding old Tickets, or use https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-exportimport from Ruslan.

Torsten

Kuehne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschaeftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Dirk Blesius, Reiner Heiken, Bruno Mang, Alfred Manke, Christian Marnetté, Mark Reinhardt, Jens Wollesen, Klaus Jaeger (stellv.), Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persoenlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kuehne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschaeftsfuehrender Verwaltungsrat: Klaus-Michael Kuehne

-----Urspruengliche Nachricht-----
Von: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] Im Auftrag von ronald higgins
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Maerz 2011 12:52
An: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Betreff: [rt-users] RT Archiving Tickets

Greets fellow users,

We have an RT 3.8.7 Deployment running on Centos with a MySQL backend.

The DB itself has grown quite large, currently around 300GB with 2.1 million tickets, this due to customers sending through images which is part of the ticket.
About a year ago we partitioned the RT Database and that sped up things quite nicely however we're looking at further ways to improve speed. Is there any sort of archiving mechanism we can use so that the DB can run lighter?

Regards

Ronald