[rt-users] RT-Extension-MobileUI : Not all Saved Searches are shown on Home page

Gerard FENELON gerard at eve-team.com
Tue Mar 15 10:01:57 EDT 2011

Hi Kevin

we started with 3.4.6in 2004
moved to 3.6.10 in December 2009
moved to 3.8.8 in December 2010

I suspect those searches are old, maybe before the move to 3.6.10

I don't have a patch to submit.
For the moment I just changed
opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Extension-MobileUI/html/m/_elements/menu
from
     foreach my $search (@searches) {
         next unless $search->SubValue("SearchType") eq 'Ticket';

     foreach my $search (@searches) {
         $RT::Logger->info( "SavedSearched '" . $search->Description,
"'  'SearchType' : '" . $search->SubValue("SearchType") . "'" );
         next unless $search->SubValue("SearchType") eq 'Ticket';

I found a workaround : renaming the Searches.
Just resaving the Search without changing its name does not seem to be
enough.

Thanks
Gerard

On 2011-03-15 14:34, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:59:29PM +0100, Gerard FENELON wrote:
>> Apparently for the missing Searches
>> $search->SubValue("SearchType") returns ''
>>
>> Did I miss a step when upgrading ?
> Out of curiosity, what version did you upgrade from?
> Most code in RT protects against empty SearchTypes, but it sounds
> like this code missed it.
>
> Can you resubmit that as a patch so it can be applied to the extension
> and to 4.0?
>
> Thanks
>
> -kevin
>
>> On 2011-03-14 17:50, Gerard FENELON wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am experimenting with RT-Extension-MobileUI 1.01 on RT 3.8.8.
>>>
>>> I am surprised by the Saved Searches on the home page.
>>> The Home page lists 8 Saved Searches
>>> whereas when I go to the Search Builder I have 13.
>>>
>>> I don't see any commonality between the shown Saved Searches
>>> or between the unshown Saved Searches.
>>> Privacy does not seem to influence this :
>>> I am missing some but not all searches from "My Saved Searches"
>>> and also missing some but not all searches from "MyCompany
>>> Everybody's saved searches"
>>> (I have a group called "MyCompany Everybody")
>>>
>>> Another of my colleagues sees the same thing :
>>> she sees only 2 searches from the 5 "MyCompany Everybody's saved
>>> searches".
>>> (the same as me).
>>> She does not see any searches from her 6 "My Saved Searches".
>>> She does not see any searches from the 3 with yet another privacy.
>>>
>>> Has anyone had a similar issue ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Gerard