[rt-users] RT-Extension-MobileUI : Not all Saved Searches are shown on Home page

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 15 11:08:02 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 03:53:47PM +0100, Gerard FENELON wrote:
> >>         next unless $search->SubValue("SearchType") eq 'Ticket';
> >Does changing that to something like:
> >          next if $search->SubValue("SearchType")&&  $search->SubValue("SearchType") ne 'Ticket';
> >also work?
>
> Yes.

Thanks for testing, the extension and the RT4 implementation will need
to get patched with something along those lines.

> As an aside, I am not totally in love with having my 13 Saved
> Searches on the home page
> I would probably prefer having a link called "Saved Searches"
> pointing to another page
> and maybe another link to Dashboards (if that is feasible).

I believe this is one of those places where there are lots of opinions
(other people have expressed that they hated having to click to get
their searches, since they always want to get to a particular search
quickly) but patches to make it configurable are welcome.

> >>I found a workaround : renaming the Searches.
> >>Just resaving the Search without changing its name does not seem to
> >>be enough.
> >Does changing an attribute of the search work?
> I don't understand what you mean by attribute of the search

Adding another search restriction and then saving it (and then you can
go remove that).  But the patch should be sufficient to avoid needing
workarounds.

-kevin