[rt-users] Basic Comprehension Question RT:Extension::QueueWizard

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 15 11:53:44 EDT 2011

John,

If I may. The email address is the way all correspondence is directed for a
Queue. If a ticket is opened and RT sends a notice to the requestor, the
"Reply" address for that requestor would be the email address for that
Queue. If I wanted to send the ticket owner an email, but wanted that same
email to be seen in a ticket's history, I would need the Queue's email
address so I could put it into the "Cc" portion, along with the ticket
number in the subject field. The email address that is associated with a
Queue is how RT keeps correspondence for one Queue out of another Queue.
Does that make sense? Therefore, if you are cloning a Queue, the only real
"new" stuff you would need is a description, perhaps a tag, and an email
address.

Kenn
LBNL